Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Symbaloo as a Classroom Resource

Symbaloo is a free, web-based tool that I wish I had when I was still teaching in an elementary computer lab. There were many times I'd want the students to access specific web pages, but it seemed to take forever to get students to type in the web address. I tried putting the web address link on my teacher web page, but that was always messy as well.

Symbaloo solves both of those issues. Symbaloo is a free service that allows the user to create web links, called webmixes, that have pictures associated with them. Having a tool like this a few years ago would have made my job easier in the classroom, but in my role now as a staff technology trainer for the district I can use the webmixes to quickly get teachers to the correct web pages. This maximizes my efficiency when facilitating professional development sessions.

As soon as I get my webmixes where I want them, I'll be sure to share them with everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment