Monday, February 25, 2013

Learnist

If you're a fan of Pinterest and you're an educator, then you'll love Learnist. Just as Edmodo is called "Facebook for School", Learnist is referred to as Pinterest for educators.  Personally, my interest in Pinterest is through my wife who finds new recipes or new "honey-do" projects for me.  I usually hear complaints that Pinterest keeps crashing on our iPad1.

However, when my supervisor shared Learnist with me, I actually gravitated towards it.  I've not been using it for long, but I have found it to be immediately useful.  The iPad app is more stable than Pinterest and I find it easier (for me) to navigate than Pinterest.

From Learnist's help page, this description tells you all you need to know about Learnist:
What is Learnist?
Today, almost anything you want to learn is available on the web via search tools and wiki references, like Wikipedia. The problem isn’t getting to information anymore, it’s collecting and assembling all of the great web resources and making sense of it all. This is what Learnist is all about. People, helping other people learn. Learn something, teach something. At Learnist.

To learn more check out a 60 second video giving an overview of how Learnist works.

What do I use Learnist for?
Learnist is the best place to learn about anything. Real people with expert knowledge share what they know by creating web “learning boards” from the best blogs, videos, audio, twitter feeds, slides shows and other web resources. You can watch videos, read blogs and books, view documents and images to learn something new.

If you want, you can click on the title to go to the original web page, leave comments, ask questions and share the the things you like. When you’ve completed one of the learnings you can check it off and keep track of the things you’ve learned. And, when you’ve learned something that other people would like to know, you can create your own board or recommend a learning to an existing board.

I'll be creating my first "board" soon, so I'll be looking for you to follow it.

What will you learn today on Learnist?

No comments:

Post a Comment