Tuesday, March 19, 2013

CoSN 2013 & NSBA 20 to Watch Reflections

I am truly honored to have been selected as one of the National School Board Association's 20 to Watch this year.  It is truly humbling to have my work recognized by my peers and past 20 to Watch recipients.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank NSBA for recognizing not only me, but the other 19 outstanding recipients, most of whom I met while at the CoSN Conference in San Diego.  I would also like to thank CoSN for providing us with an opportunity to participate in their conference.  Most importantly, I would like to thank TechSmith for providing us with not only a wonderful meal while in San Diego, but a very generous software scholarship that I can't wait to start using with some of my teachers.

Since returning from San Diego, I've had plenty of time to reflect on how far I've come and where the conversation needs to go.  I will be discussing these reflections in future blog posts, not only to share what I learned, but to also spur a conversation about the future of education and technology's role in education.  I've told some folks around here I've come back with a new attitude and a clearer sense of purpose and directions, and with that will come more push-back on programs and software that need to be improved.

I've also come back with plenty of ideas to improve my Ed On Tech "brand".  I'm now working on setting up and hosting my first #edontech Twitter chat (you can follow me at @KCSDtisEB), working on a Google+ page as well as an EdOnTech Google Hangout, and several other ideas.  I'll be picking the brains of my fellow 20 to Watch educators, whose skills and knowledge are a great complement to mine.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas for improving education through technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment