Monday, May 6, 2013

EdCamp NKY: An Imminent Reality?

With regularity over the past year, I've watched Tweets about various EdCamps pop up on my devices.  I've always wanted to attend a virtual EdCamp, but my job responsibilities have prevented me from attending.  As I've researched EdCamps, I realized how relatively easy it would be to create one for the Northern Kentucky area I work and live in.  

My goal is to have the first ever EdCampNKY up and running sometime in the 2013-2014 school year.  I know I can pull it off with the help of my friends at the SimpleK12 Teacher Learning Community, contacts at the Kentucky Department of Education, as well as my fellow 20 to Watch colleagues.

I look forward to starting EdCampNKY and look forward to any input anybody reading this post may have.  I firmly believe educators can do great things and drive education forward when we put our collective minds together.


No comments:

Post a Comment