Friday, May 17, 2013

FlipSnack: Make a Flipping Book for Free

In my quest to go paperless in professional development sessions, I've found an alternative to the boring handouts we've always given.  FlipSnack make it possible to take your PDF documents and make them flipping books online (using Flash).  Have no fear, it is compatible with Apple products.
FlipSnack books can be customized any way you like.  When completed, you can download your flipping book, send an email link to your flipping book, or even embed your flipping book on your blog or web page.   FlipSnack is free and comes with limited tools and storage space for your books.  Like many services now, there is a paid version which will give you access to more of the service.

After trying the product out, it's very user-friendly and easy to use.  My document was uploaded quickly and I had several options to choose from for my background and cover.  What FlipSnack is sorely missing is an iOS/Android app that allows you to view your flipping book easily on a tablet (something Prezi added fairly quick).

Overall, I like FlipSnack and will be spending part of my summer work days converting my documents into flipping books.

Try making your own flipping book!

No comments:

Post a Comment